Droitière ou gauchère / Right-handed or left-handed

Pour une gauchère comme moi, un miroir fait tout à fait l'affaire.

For a left-handed like me, a mirror is quite useful.

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Julianna, yes, you've understood perfectly. Interestingly, I've been doing some veins and noted that a row (the depth)had come out shorter than desired and it occurred to me then that I'd done the twisted stitch from the side which gave the shorter stitch, I will not make that mistake again! The Burano twisted stitch (sacola) does not use the whipping method, only a straight return and the twisted stitch always starts from the same side. Another school eliminates the need too as it is considered too laborious. I too am left-handed but now find the twisted stitch coming naturally, provided I start on the right-hand side. However, when working a single buttonholed stitcb pattern, I have to start on the left-hand side as otherwise I achieve no rhythm/flow. Stay relaxed, enjoy and the tension will sort itself out with time. Work the way which is most comfortable to you.

Actually, that helps more than you know! I will. I am enjoying it!

Teri Dow said:

Hi Julianna, yes, you've understood perfectly. Interestingly, I've been doing some veins and noted that a row (the depth)had come out shorter than desired and it occurred to me then that I'd done the twisted stitch from the side which gave the shorter stitch, I will not make that mistake again! The Burano twisted stitch (sacola) does not use the whipping method, only a straight return and the twisted stitch always starts from the same side. Another school eliminates the need too as it is considered too laborious. I too am left-handed but now find the twisted stitch coming naturally, provided I start on the right-hand side. However, when working a single buttonholed stitcb pattern, I have to start on the left-hand side as otherwise I achieve no rhythm/flow. Stay relaxed, enjoy and the tension will sort itself out with time. Work the way which is most comfortable to you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service