OOps!! I forgot that I turned off emails while I was away, - and only just remembered to turn them back on!  No wonder the list seemed quiet!!

I had a great time at the IOLI convention in Indianapolis, and it was great to meet up with friends. There was a nice display of sol Lace in the exhibition.

Now to catch up - starting with the photos!!

I hope everyone is well, and making lots of lace for me to have a look at!!!

Liz. - in Very cold Melbourne, Oz.

Views: 109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Liz!

It was so fun to see you at convention and eat one of the meals with you and your husband! You always bring a ray of sunshine with you where ever you go! And you are just like the Energizer Bunny--you just keep going and going and going and...

Blessings,

Janet

".. going and going.."  - Not really, - so long as I can sit and chat I am OK, though!!!!!!!  And have something like tatting or knotted lace in my hands to fiddle with while I'm chatting!!!!!!!  :)

It was lovely to see you, too, Janet, and catch up with what you are doing, - as well as all the others  - like at the Arachne lunch.  I sat opposite a lady  who I thought I did not know ,- but it was "the other" Elizabeth, from Brazil!!  We have often had a chat over the Internet, but not met face-to-face before!!!

Everyone is always so friendly at the Conventions, and it is so easy to make new friends. Everyone is always so happy and ready for a chat.

I only saw one unhappy lady, who had received a nasty comment about her hat at the Tuesday dinner, but I think I managed to cheer her up a bit!  It is so unusual for that sort of thing to happen at these conventions, though.

I am glad to see you are still making beautiful lace, Janet, and entering it in the competition. Very well done.

Hugs, Liz.

Liz et Janet,
Peut-être aurons-nous l'honneur et le plaisir d'admirer vos travaux sur NLT!

Perhaps we shall have the honor and pleasure to admire your work on NLT!

I did a Tatting class this time at Convention, Christiane, so it is not appropriate for this list!  I really have not done much needlelace recently but I plan to get back to it - and work on some Gros Point very soon.  I have had an outline laid for about 2 years, - so it is about time I started to work on the fillings!!  - and then the fun part - the raised edges with embellishments!!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service