I'm looking for skilled and creative Venetian needlelace experts to help me with an upcoming project.

I am a visual artist, a scholar, and a professor of art. My artwork is inspired by lacemaking, although I am not a lacemaker. This spring/summer, I will have a solo exhibition of my artwork in the Mueseo del Merletto in Burano. I will be displaying drawings and collages, and am hopeful to complete a few new works that incorporate actual lace work. I have been working with Ombretta Panese in Italy; however, she is currently too busy with her upcoming publication to continue working within my rapidly approaching deadline.

My designs incorporate traditional stitches in somewhat traditional applications. However, the conceptual underpinnings of the work and the combination of needlework with collage items are not at all traditional.

I have a few images of my earlier works attached to my personal page. Please note that none of the works shown incorporate Venetian needlelace (although stitching is involved) and are therefore not representative of the designs that I am now pursuing for the exhibition at Museo del Merletto. I am not attaching images of the work that I have done with Ombretta Panese on a public platform, but if you think that you are interested in working with me, I will happily share images of the works in progress.

PLEASE contact me if you'd like to know more. You may communicate costs to me once you have seen the design. Of course, lace makers who work with me will also receive recognition in the catalog and other display labels.

Thank you,

Leslie

Views: 175

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Myriam,

Yes, I purchased your book from the charming woman at Cartolaio Amico in Burano (the one who is pictured on page 17 of your book)! The book is excellent. Your work is beautiful.

Thank you for writing me.

I are currently working on a final design that does not look like the beautiful designs in your book. My design incorporates traditional stitches; however, the stitches are used in unusual combinations and shapes. It is like the lace version of "music splicing". For accomplished lace makers like you, it will seem like bad lacemaking. The results are very interesting and beautiful, however.

I hope to finish the drawing for the new design soon. I would like to send it to you. It would be necessary for me to receive the finished lace during the week of April 25. I will be in Krems, Austria at that time.

Please let me know if you have any time before that date and I will send you the drawing as soon as I finish it. You could tell me the cost at that time.

Very Best,

Leslie

Hi Leslie,
Thank you for your message.
The laces in the book were meant as a selection for teaching and publishing for "beginners". In fact my work is entirely different and I am mostly interested in research and "destructuring" of lacework while understanding the traditions.
I see exactly what you mean by splicing music !
I certainly am interested in seeing your designs. For the purpose of sending and communications via mail, perhaps you could send a message through my blogsite: carnetdedentelles.over-blog.com. Your message will arrive directly on my e-mail and it might be easier to communicate 1/1 to see what could be done.
Thank you ! Merci beaucoup !
Myriam

Hello Myriam,

I simply wanted to touch base to let you know I am still working on the design. With the time difference, I did not want you to think that I had forgotten about you. I am very eager to see if you will be able to work on this with your schedule. It is a complicated piece, but would be very interesting for someone with your skill level and creativity.

It is easier for me to manage my messages from my google site. Would you mind responding to me at lhirst@risd.edu?

Thank you. Merci beaucoup!!!!

Leslie

Hi Leslie
I just replied. I am sure this will be an important contribution to needle lace in a world reknown Museum and a valuable and fantastic exhibition that many will be able to visit on the beautiful pittoresque Island of lacemakers ! (Burano !)
À bientôt et merci !
Myriam

Hello Myriam,

I just sent a long message with attachments to your email (myriambenamor@sfr.fr). The message was returned, undeliverable. Is there a better way to contact you?

À bientôt et merci !

Leslie

Myriam said:

Hi Leslie
I just replied. I am sure this will be an important contribution to needle lace in a world reknown Museum and a valuable and fantastic exhibition that many will be able to visit on the beautiful pittoresque Island of lacemakers ! (Burano !)
À bientôt et merci !
Myriam
Hi Leslie
It is myriam.benamor@sfr.fr
There should be a dot between name and surname.
Merci beaucoup.
Did you receive my mail to your email address ?
Thanks !

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service