Hello to All,
I would like to thank Lorelie for allowing me to join this group. I am looking forward to getting to know each of you and find out what your interests are.
My needle lace passion for now is , Puncetto.
I must confess the more I know about Puncetto the less I think I know.
I ran into the YouTube video a few years back(can't really remember how long ago now). I fell in love with watching this vid and thought the finished product was out of this world! I went on a quest to find out how to do Puncetto Lace. Like most of everyone else I didn't find out much. I did come up with most of the little mags and books everyone else did but found out I needed more to learn this craft. After doing another search a few days ago I was lead to this website by conversation about a book that can be purchased in Italy titled scuola di Puncetto Valsesiano - Societa' Operaia di Mutuo Soccorso. I don't know if I have this right but I did find the website to purchase it plus others in Puncetto I think. If I am understanding properly, some here have already purchased this book. I was wondering if those that have the book could tell me how well the book has helped you considering it is in Italian and I do not speak or understand Italian. I was also wondering if this book helped you was it the kind of needle lace that is featured on the YouTube video. After scouting around the internet I have gotten the impression that there is Puncetto that you can do on fabric? Have I got this right? Puncetto can be done on fabric? I am looking for a book to help me learn like the video on YouTube. I must confess I don't think I understand all I know about Puncetto. Any help any of you can give me would be very much appreciated.
Thanks,
Linda

Views: 1120

Replies to This Discussion

Hi, I'm new here and found this site when I was looking for information about Puncetto. I have a couple books with instructions but still haven't been brave enought to try it.

I bought Anchor Manual of Needlework off Amazon.com. Chapter 11 is about Puncetto and gives some good instructions. The book also has lots of info about other types of laces, too, most of which I've never heard of.

I also have a 16 page book/pamphlet called Poncetto Lace by Signorina Theresa Rizzi and published in 1917. The book is in English and in the introduction she says, ". . . let me express the hope that my book will be favorably received by the American ladies to whom it is especially addressed."

I really wish there was someone close by to show me how to do this! lol

Barb

Barb

Don't forget to check out Avital's online tutorial.  Go to the opening page for PUNCETTO and look at the long verbal box under the icon.  LInks to her tutorial are posted there.  Her explanations are all sequential photos and diagrams -- easier to understand than words.

Hi Barb,

I replied to your message and I don't see it here.

Go to YouTube and type in Puncetto in the search engine and some really nice instructions for the basics will come up. They are in German, but they were very helpful for me. If you try them I hope they will be for you also. The video really says it all anyway. Linda

I have purchased from Italain Needlecarfts and they are Excellent. I am in Australia, and got my books within 7 days, - 8 days where Easter intervened!! the books were well packaged so there was no damage in the post.

I have started using the "scoulo.." - beginners book, and I can follow the diagrams quite well. I, too, do Not speak Italian. I got a few odd words translated on "Bing" (or try google), which helped, but now Avital has drawn up a translation list for us to access which is a Wonderful. I have printed it off and keep it with the book. 

I have just purchased the Coloured Puncetto book, too!! It arrived on Friday. I think Puncetto can be worked on edges of fabric, or even inserted into it - the book shows ideas for using the lace, but it is made off fabric, I think, and then just stitched on afterwards.  They may show it, like the Armenian lace worked on the edge of fabric while you learn the stitches, and get your tension correct.

If you like this lace - then go for it, - get the beginners book,  as the text part is minimal, but the diagrams are good, so a knowledge of the language is not necessary.

I

Amigas, ¿donde comprar libro de puncetto colorato?.

Alguna pagina web.

Carmen

Carmen: I do not know where you can buy the book, but Brona has some basic diagrams for colored puncetto on her blog:

http://sitakrajka.blogspot.com/2012/08/puncetto-valsesiano-6-barva....

Hello all and Happy Holidays.

I'm so happy to see so many people interested in puncetto valsesiano.  I am new to the forum and have a book that has many interesting designs.  It is called Nuova Enciclopedia dei Lavori Femminili, Casa Editrice Mani Di Fata, S.r.l. Milano. It was printed before 11 and 13 ISBNs.  I have seen it in a few libraries but don't think that is in print any longer.  I will check a few sites to see if it is available on-line.  The chapter entitled Merletti ad ago or Needle Laces has a section on Il puncetto, Il puncetto armeno, Il punto Gerusalemme and lastly Il merletto Venezia.  I look forward to posting again.

Thanks Christopher! I think this is the Italian version of Theresa de Dillemont's Encyclopedia of Needlework, which was widely translated in Europe. Here are some listings from an American used book dealer, Abe Books: http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?tn=Nuova+enciclopedia...

Christopher Barrios de Leon said:

Hello all and Happy Holidays.

I'm so happy to see so many people interested in puncetto valsesiano.  I am new to the forum and have a book that has many interesting designs.  It is called Nuova Enciclopedia dei Lavori Femminili, Casa Editrice Mani Di Fata, S.r.l. Milano. It was printed before 11 and 13 ISBNs.  I have seen it in a few libraries but don't think that is in print any longer.  I will check a few sites to see if it is available on-line.  The chapter entitled Merletti ad ago or Needle Laces has a section on Il puncetto, Il puncetto armeno, Il punto Gerusalemme and lastly Il merletto Venezia.  I look forward to posting again.

Hello Lucy,

Although it has the word encyclopedia in it.  It is most certainly not the Therese de Dillmont classic.  It is written by the editors of Mani de Fata, a famous Italian needlework magazine which is still published to this day. The book not only covers nearly every technique/style of embroidery, but has chapters on weaving, raffia work, basketry, and book binding.  Hopefully, I may be able to down load the files somewhere here on this site for everyone. 

Christopher

I have heard of the publisher Mani de Fata, and have a few pamphlets on other subjects by them.  However, if the publication date is more recent than 1924, please don't post pages here, as doing that would be a copyright violation.  Below are links to some online stitch diagrams by 2 of our members.  Perhaps you will find them useful, in addition to the book you already have.

Avital's online tutorial. The last 2 are animated, demonstrating open squares and square motifs.
http://apinnick.wordpress.com/patterns-and-tutorials/

http://apinnick.wordpress.com/2011/01/31/puncetto-valsesiano-part-7... 

http://apinnick.wordpress.com/2011/02/03/puncetto-valsesiano-part-8... 

http://apinnick.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/puncetto-valsesiano-part-9... 

Brona has posted some diagrams for simple motifs on her blog:

http://sitakrajka.blogspot.com/     

http://sitakrajka.blogspot.com/p/puncetto-valsesiano.html 

Please could you let me know the address or how you managed to purchase this wonderful book. It is so great to see people as passionate about Puncetto as I am.

Linda said:

Thank you all so much for your replies. I will be ordering the manual I hope this week and I am so looking forward to receiving the book and getting started. It is also very nice to find others that have the same interest in this lace as I do.
Thanks again,
Linda

So you have had the same effect as I did with the Puncetto video, could you let me know the website you found that gave you the information on purchasing this book. Even though i know there is a book in colour I am just so taken with the result of this one womans work from beginning with 'nothing' to the yards and yards of Puncetto Lace!! I found through this website a lead from a member that the authur of that video is going to do another Puncetto book on his Mother doing the same thing too, he said even more people do even greater amounts of this Puncetto.

Thank you so much for posting this Linda - I find all this info almost heady after being starved of knowledge on Puncetto for so long.

RSS

© 2020   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service