Hi.  I was just wondering if anyone has used this thread.  I love using the DMC thread size 80 but there are so many more colors with the Lizbeth.  I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and has an opinion to share about it.  thanks.

Views: 424

Replies to This Discussion

Linda

I've used Lisbeth thread: my needlelaceleaf in orchid, green and blue is a Lisbeth 20.  The number 80 would just be a finer weight.  As far as I can see the Lisbeth threads are comparable in all their characteristics to DMC or Anchor Cordonnet thread.  The strands that make it up are twisted together so well that it doesn't separate.  It is rather hard, compared to pearl cotton or something like Coton a Broder or Floche.  I think it is intended for crochet or tatting and works quite well for those.  The only drawback is that it tends to knot up when you use it for needlelace, but the DMC and Anchor cordonnet do, too.  Personally I don't see that as an insurmountable problem.  You just have to stop once or twice a row and let the needle dangle, to undo the excessive twisting and knotting.  But what to others think?

I know of friends who use it for tatting, and rave about it.  I am going to buy some soon, - the #40 size for knotted needlelace.  I will let you know how I go. It sill be a while, as the shop is waiting for my chosen colours tom come in, somethime this month.

I have used Lizbeth thread for knotted lace, and Love it.  I like the thought that has gone into its presentation - the little zipp lock bag each reel come in, with a tiny hole, to thread the thread through, and stop the ball of yarn becoming loose and tangled. Wonderful!!

Obviously someone connected with the thread company has found that problem, and found this simple but very effective way of overcoming it!!!

I have the size 80, but have not actually used it as yet.  I like the other sizes so much that I decided to order some of this one to.   I like their colors.   I to will be waiting to hear other peoples opinion on it.

I have many of them, but just got out of the hospital, so I need to do some planning and start making.  I've used all the other sizes already...

I just discovered that Holly Van Sciver, in the U.S., is now stocking Lizbeth in sizes 20, 40 and 80 in their entire color range.  The colors are much better than the DMC tatting cotton (although I love DMC threads).

Yes, I have tried it and I do like it.  And the colors are great!  So nice to have alternatives.

Judith Connors said:

Hello, Linda.

Have you managed to try Lizbeth No. 80 thread yet? How did you go? You will find it quite easy to use. I tat with it, and the colour range is great. You can use almost any thread you wish in needle lace. My favourites are any machine sewing threads in cotton or silk. (Rayon thread is a bit springy.)

Enjoy experimenting.

Judith.

That is great news.  I will check it out.

Lorelei Halley said:

I just discovered that Holly Van Sciver, in the U.S., is now stocking Lizbeth in sizes 20, 40 and 80 in their entire color range.  The colors are much better than the DMC tatting cotton (although I love DMC threads).

RSS

© 2018   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service