Hi everyone,

I'm just stepping my toes in the shallow end, but the more I play the more I want to learn.

I've been recently making needlelace wings for the beetles I make, exploring stitches, techniques and different threads. I've attached three photos of some little wings as my first few pieces. These are only small, but I'm having lots of fun. I've ordered Catherine Barley's book and am impatient now for it to arrive.

Most of what I've done so far has been from watching the Michael Dennis vidoes, and following Lorelei's stitch diagrams on Lynxlace. I've spent hours on NLT reading and reading and zooming in to photos and trying things out.

So I guess I just wanted to post to say thank you to everyone for being so generous with their knowledge and to say Hi! :D

Michelle

Views: 153

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you. I really love doing the corded brussels, it's so satisfying to work.

One more set of wings. I tried using a few different colours, sometimes changing colour on a row on one wing. And double knotted buttonhole on the other - which makes such lovely little rectangular stitches. Again, really love this stitch.

These are both just coton a broder 25.

Lorelei Halley said:

Your stitch spacing is very good, with good control and evenness. Keep going.

You are doing do so well.  I think the one with the varied colours will look especially good on your beetles

Michelle H said:

Thank you. I really love doing the corded brussels, it's so satisfying to work.

One more set of wings. I tried using a few different colours, sometimes changing colour on a row on one wing. And double knotted buttonhole on the other - which makes such lovely little rectangular stitches. Again, really love this stitch.

These are both just coton a broder 25.

Lorelei Halley said:

Your stitch spacing is very good, with good control and evenness. Keep going.

Sue Babbs said:

You are doing do so well.  I think the one with the varied colours will look especially good on your beetles

Thanks Sue. I sourced some Madeira metallic thread and had a go using it. IT's lovely, but a completely different ballgame - so much more difficult to keep an even tension! I love how it looks though.

I made some copper earrings using it (and some leaf earrings using a Stef Francis variegated thread) Trying to make something every day to keep at it.

Some metallics fray or shred really easily.  I really like working with BIJOUX METALLIC threads.  The colours are more muted than the copper you have here, but they are very nicely behaved threads!

The Stef Francis leaves are very pretty.  The variegations are subtle but make the earrings more interesting

I really like the greenish leaf earrings.

RSS

© 2019   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service