"I can think of four reasons for those exceptionally tiny stitches off of the top of my head:1. In regions like Belgium, Ireland etc., lace making used to be taught to girls starting at a very young age, which means that their eyesight was still good…"
What kind of needle lace do you make, and how long have you been making it?
I started out with venetian gros point and learned for a few months before I had to take a lenghty pause from needlework
What kind or kinds of needle lace do you want to learn?
Point de Gaze, Point d'Alencon, Youghal, Venetian Rose/Gros Point, Burano, Reticella
Tell us about your other lace related interests.
I am also interested in other minor lace techniques like Bibila, Netting, Filet Lace, Sun Lace, Shuttle Tatting and Irish Crochet.
I also wanna learn how to do bobbin lace at some point.
Also, I collect laces and lace books.
Books I currently own are:
-Lace by Heather Toomer
- Needlelace by Catherine Barley
- Needle-made Laces by Pat Earnshaw
- Branscombe Pointlace by Lillie D. Trivett
- Netted Lace by Margaret Morgan
- Nadel-Spitzen by Gussi von Reden
(1921 and 1994 version)
- Punto Tagliato by Nenia Lovesey
- Venetion Gros Point Lace by Nenia Lovesey
and Catherine Barley
- Needle-made laces and Net Embroideries
by Doris Campbell Preston
- Ayrshire and other Whitework
by Margaret Swain
- A Dictonary of Lace by Pat Earnshaw
- The Gentle Needle Arts by Golden Hands
- Mediterranean Knotted Lace
by Elena Dickson
And a few other general needle art books.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of Needle Lace Talk to add comments!
Welcome. Please read all the NOTES. They explain our policies, the laces we include, and how the software works. Join any groups that interest you. Post some photos of your best lace. The NOTES explain how to do those things. If you have any questions about this site, contact me and I'll try to help.