I'm not sure I'm happy with this pea stitch (center section).  It looks so messy to me.  Will it look right by the time I finish the square?  (First section is corded single Brussels, second section is Ardenza.)

Views: 145

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Moriah!  Unfortunately, these books from the Lace Guild are still very much in copyright.  The books at Project Gutenberg are ones for which the copyright has expired (the author has been deceased for at least 70 years).

Moriah Aldarondo said:

Another place to get hard to find books is project Gutenburg.   It is a site with free domain books all digital. 

https://www.gutenberg.org/

Thank you, it's very kind of you to report back on what you've heard from them, and the information Re the NY source too. I would honestly leap at the opportunity to buy digital copies. I like to support this kind of small publication, I just can't justify the postage at the moment. I will keep an eye out for future possibilities - thank you!

Trinity said:

Michelle, I just heard back from the Lace Guild... 

I agree with you on all counts.  Postage/shipping costs are the primary reason I hesitate to purchase a beautiful handmade stiletto and aficot from a tiny father-daughter company in the U.K.  The workmanship of the tools is stellar, and they're worth every penny of the asking price, but the shipping cost is just astronomical, and like you, I can't justify the purchase.

Michelle H said:

Thank you, it's very kind of you to report back on what you've heard from them, and the information Re the NY source too. I would honestly leap at the opportunity to buy digital copies. I like to support this kind of small publication, I just can't justify the postage at the moment. I will keep an eye out for future possibilities - thank you!

We have a set of videos on this site by Michael Dennis. They are quite good. If you can't find the booklets you are looking for, try hiss videos to get you moving along. Go to the opening page of the BEGINNERS group. Look for   PATTERNS AND TUTORIALS ON THIS SITE. Look for  his videos.

Here is the easy way to find those videos:

http://needlelacetalk.ning.com/group/beginners/page/patterns-and-tu... 

Thanks, Lorelei!  I went through those videos to lay the cordonnet and work the first two sections of my bookmark.  They are very helpful.  Just wish he would have a video showing the pea stitch.  I may have a solution to my tension issue, though--a laying tool.  At least I'm going to give it a try and see how it goes.

Lorelei Halley said:

We have a set of videos on this site by Michael Dennis. They are quite good. If you can't find the booklets you are looking for, try hiss videos to get you moving along. Go to the opening page of the BEGINNERS group. Look for   PATTERNS AND TUTORIALS ON THIS SITE. Look for  his videos.

Here is the easy way to find those videos:

http://needlelacetalk.ning.com/group/beginners/page/patterns-and-tu... 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Lorelei Halley.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service